Thursday 15 March 2007

Happy Birthday Grandad!

We share an office with a bunch of dudes who do clever things with animation and 3D and stuff. One of them, Simon (a.k.a Grandad - oldest in the office at 29), happens to be a mate from the incredible village of Langtoft where I grew up. Anyway, yesterday was Si's birthday, so I got him a cake. (He likes cake.)

Unfortunately, Soho was all out of miniature candles. What to do? Can't just give him a plain old carrot cake. And then it hit me - candles are old school. Why run the risk that Grandad would see the candles as yet another tedious joke about his advancing years/hairline? So I got all futuristic and stuck a lightbulb in instead:


Looked rather fetching, I thought. A cake for someone who likes ideas. Old Man Hobbs appreciated it too:


Oh, the fun we have...

2 comments:

Paul said...

What a fantastic Blog - great stuff Rob - you deserve a pulitzer (is that the type of wax lyrical comments you were looking for?!)

Paul

RobNonsense said...

I knew your were an astute fella the moment I met you Paul!